Sustainability at Hotel San Cristóbal
The management team at Hotel San Cristóbal is aware of the limitations on natural resources available and the impact that the provision of tourism services has on our society and the environment.
As a result, a number of years ago, Hotel San Cristóbal implemented the “Q“ Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management systems, adopting a commitment to adopting new measures to limit said impact and ensure we are constantly monitoring the hotel's activities, products and services that may have an environmental, social or cultural impact.
Quality and Environmental Policy at Hotel San Cristóbal
·Getting to know our clients, taking the opportunity to retain them and treat them as our guests.
·Committing to adhering to all regulations and legislation in effect with regard to Quality and the Environment, taking a proactive stance on continuous improvement.
·Developing and encouraging a truly sustainable culture, raising the awareness of both internal and external clients, in order to create a more responsible and supportive environment.
·Ensuring a working environment that allows staff members to develop their knowledge.
This quality and environmental policy is reviewed by the management on an annual basis and communicated to all hotel employees. Any person from outside the company may access it if they wish to do so.
·RESPECT for legal regulations in effect and the commitments undertaken by the company.
·AGREE ON the mechanisms required to guarantee adherence to Environmental Policy, analysing the results obtained.
·RAISE AWARENESS amongst all of the organisation’s components with regard to respect for the environment.
·PROVIDE the client with the information required to communicate our values and our commitment to the environment.
·INFORM our suppliers and subcontractors of our product use and selection criteria, as regards the environment.
In order to reduce our environmental impact, Hotel San Cristóbal has implemented the following measures as part of our management procedures:
Water and energy
• LED, low consumption lighting.
• Light sensors in communal areas.
• Partial flush in toilets.
• Flow reducers with sprays on taps.
• Towel change signs in rooms.
• Local providers.
• Promotion of natural, fresh and seasonal produce.
• In bulk, we avoid purchasing by portion and excessive packaging.
• Installation of solar panels that contribute to water heating.
• Installation of shampoo and body gel dispensers in showers, to avoid the use of individual packaging.
• Separation and control of solid and organic waste.
• Separation and donation of kitchen oils for the creation of soap tablets.
• Reduction of IT equipment and centralisation of printers.
CO2 Emissions :
• Analysis and quantification of the carbon emissions generated both directly and indirectly by Hotel San Cristóbal.